Shoulder Replacement Surgeon in Delhi, Shoulder Replacement Specialist
Total shoulder replacement specialist by the Shoulder Replacement Surgeon in Delhi is also called as total shoulder arthroplasty (TSA), is an effective treatment procedure for severe pain and stiffness that occurs at the end stage of several forms of arthritis or degenerative joint disease of the shoulder joint. Since the disease cause so much pain, thus the prime focus of shoulder replacement surgery is to get relief from this pain. Further it extends to the benefits of restoring motion, strength, functions and helping patient to return to normal activity level as much as possible. Many
Shoulder Replacement Treatment procedure
During the shoulder replacement surgery the Shoulder Replacement Surgeon in Delhi replace the ends of the harmed or damaged upper arm bone, (known as humerus), with a metal ball and putting a new smooth plastic surface on the glenoid, (known as socket). Shoulder joint components may be held with cement or they may be made with the materials that allow new bone to grow into the joint component to hold it in place without cement over the time.
Shulder Replacement Surgeon in Delhi generally replaces the top of the upper arm bone with a long shaped metal piece, inserted into your upper arm bone, it has rounded head. In case the cup shaped surface of your shoulder bone is also harmed or damaged, the doctors usually smooth it and cap it with a plastic or metal and plastic piece.
When it is needed?
The Shoulder Replacement Surgeon in Delhi recommend total shoulder replacement specialist or joint replacement specialist when shoulder pain and loss of function become severe and conservative medicine and other treatment no longer give any sort of relieve.
Shoulder Replacement treatment is not recommended for the people who have following issues:
- Patient having infection or greater risk of infection
- People with poor health who may not tolerate anesthesia and surgery well
- Have osteoporosis
- Have severe weakness of or damage to the muscles around shoulder
The doctors may conduct a series of diagnosis procedure to assess your real condition. The diagnosis may include:
- CT scan
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- EMG test
Possible complication and risk
Some common complications involves in TSA which happens only in rare case comprise shoulder stiffness, instability, infection, nerve damage and glenoid loosening.
The risks of shoulder replacement surgery involve may comprise as such:
- Infection in the surgical wound or in the joint
- Blood clots
- Lack of smooth range of motion
- Problem with wound healing
- Nerve injury
- Risk of fracture of upper arm bone
- Dislocation of upper arm bone
- Patient with heart disease, kidney disease and chronic lungs and liver disease have greater chances of high risk
According to the Shoulder Replacement Surgeon in Delhi After any surgery the patient takes time get back to normal condition. Thus recovery and rehabilitation process must be followed advised by the doctor in order to get maximum benefit of TSA.
- The patient should follow physical therapy program
- The patient is permitted to use their hand and wrist for light activities soon after surgery.
- The whole arm and shoulder for light activity may begin after six week of surgery
- For unrestricted use of arm may begin after eight week of surgery
Rehabilitation and recovery is a slow process you need to keep patience and do as the doctor recommend you. The recovery may be longer in some case depending on individual cases.